The Garmin GTX 345 is IFR-certified and looks and operates like a standard Mode S transponder. It fits in the same 1.65-inch high slot in your avionics stack. It boasts a bright, sunlight-readable digital display, a pressure altitude readout, handy timers for approaches and other operations, plus dedicated pushbuttons numbered 0-9 for quick and easy squawk code entry. But where other transponders leave off, the GTX 345 is just getting started. The addition of 1090 MHz ADS-B “Out” transmission capability (using precise GPS-referenced positioning information) enables the transponder to automatically output the more accurate, more dynamic traffic surveillance data that the NextGen airspace system requires. Plus, available ADS-B “In” reception unlocks even more capabilities for pilots, enabling them to display ADS-B traffic, weather and more on a variety of installed or portable displays.
- 1090 MHz ADS-B “Out” enables aircraft to operate at any altitude, in airspace around the globe
- Combines Mode S Extended Squitter (ES) transponder and optional WAAS/GPS position source in a single unit
- Provides access to dual-link ADS-B “In” traffic and subscription-free weather on compatible displays
- Wirelessly stream weather, traffic, GPS position and backup attitude via Connext® link to Garmin Pilot™ and ForeFlight Mobile apps as well as the aera® 795/796 portables
- Easy replacement for your existing transponder, with common 1.65-inch tall form factor