The revolutionary Garmin GFC 500 autopilot brings unprecedented levels of capability, reliability and affordability to light single-engine, fixed-wing general aviation aircraft. GFC 500 leverages Garmin’s advanced attitude-based flight control technology developed for the popular GFC 700 autopilot, which drives our most advanced glass flight deck systems
- Cost-effective, precise and smooth in-flight characteristics, built-in self-monitoring capabilities and lower cost of ownership when compared to older autopilot systems
- Designed for existing light single-engine piston, fixed-wing aircraft, initially available for select Cessna 172 and Cessna 182 models with more to follow
- Leverages certificated G5 electronic flight instrument for primary attitude reference — plus input and display of altitude preselect, heading, vertical speed, airspeed target and flight director cues
- Robust feature set, including safety features such as underspeed and overspeed protection, a dedicated return-to-level (LVL) mode button, Garmin ESP™ (Electronic Stability and Protection), Flight Director (FD), coupled approaches and missed approaches when paired with a compatible navigator and much more
- Offers 2-axis (pitch and roll) capabilities tailored to your aircraft; optional pitch-trim servo adds automatic trim and manual electric trim
To help prevent incidents caused by loss of control, the FAA and other regulators encourage the use of key technologies, such as angle-of-attack indicators and autopilots, to help increase situational awareness, reduce pilot workload and enhance safety of flight. GFC 500 is the right product — at the right price — for popular certified light GA aircraft such as select Cessna 172 and Cessna 182 models. Boasting a superior feature set, GFC 500 incorporates a number of safety-enhancing technologies, including Garmin ESP, underspeed and overspeed protection, automatic LVL mode, flight director (FD) command cues and more.