Garmin G1000 NXi
The Garmin G1000 NXi integrated flight deck is the successor to Garmin’s popular G1000. The G1000 NXi’s improved performance and flight display design has integrated leading-edge capabilities in a modernized platform. Its processing power, advanced features and growth-oriented technology work together to help lower your aircraft’s cost of operation while increasing its overall performance, useful load, NextGen readiness and market value at resale time.
Want to lower your King Air’s weight about 250 pounds?
The King Air G1000 NXi cockpit configuration is the perfect fit for your King Air. Right in the center of the panel is a 15” multifunction display (MFD) with two 10.4” primary flight displays (PFDs) on each side at the pilot and copilot positions. All primary flight, navigation, weather, terrain, traffic, radio frequency, engine and fuel data readouts are integrated in a format that is much clearer, simpler and more intuitive. By integrating so many components, the Garmin G1000 NXi’s weight is typically lower by about 250 pounds (due in part by eliminating the extra wiring required by the old-style avionics it’s replacing). Need more fuel, luggage or an extra passenger? The weight savings offers significant operational advantages.
Garmin G1000 NXi Standard Features
- Faster, modern processing power that supports faster map rendering and smoother panning throughout the displays. Displays initialize within seconds after start-up, less than 10 seconds
- Improved readability with new LED back-lighting, increased display brightness as well as improved dimming performance.
- Visual approaches that will provide autopilot coupled, vertical guidance to any runway based on a 3-degree glideslope. Pilots can intercept and fly a visual approach coupled to the GFC 700 autopilot.
- HSI Map Overlay on Primary Flight Display supports display of:
- Weather radar also overlaid on the big 15” MFD.
- ADS-B (FIS-B) “In” Weather (with optional GTX 345R)
- Sirius XM weather (with optional GDL 69A)
- ADS-B “Out” and “In” Traffic, with TargetTrend™ Relative Motion vectors (with optional GTX 345R).
- Optional GTS 825 TAS or GTS 855 TCAS 1 provides traffic detection out to 40nm or 80 NM respectively.
- 3-Color Relative Terrain
- COMM frequency identification
Garmin G1000 NXi Optional Features
- ADS-B In Weather (FIS-B) and Traffic (TIS-B) including Garmin’s patented TargetTrend technology displayed on HSI or on MFD. ADS-B “In” Traffic with TargetTrend™ Displayed on MFD or HSI (with optional GTX 345R)
- Flight Stream 510 which enables:
- Two-way flight plan transfer
- Database Concierge, provides wifi aviation database updates from Garmin Pilot app.
- Upgraded Platinum Package: FS510 will be part of Platinum Package, i.e., SVT, Chartview and FS 510. FS 510 will replace the current FS 110).
- ADS-B “In” Weather
- Weather Radar Overlay on 15” MFD or HSI.
- Optional Surface Watch Runway Monitoring Technology.
- Optional Ground Clutter Suppression (for GWX 70 Weather Radar)
- Optional Turbulence Detection (GWX70 weather Radar)
- VFR and IFR sectional charts Display on MFD
- Animated SXM weather (with optional GDL 69 or GDL 69A)
- Vertical Situation Display (VSD) incorporates terrain profile view on the MFD, taking into consideration the active flight plan, altitude constraints and winds aloft.
- New Three color Relative Terrain Shading with improved contouring.
- Green-2,000 FT.
- Yellow-1,000 FT.
- Red-100 FT