Garmin announced that their new G700 TXi flight display is now available to be installed on Cessna Citation business jets. The STC will be approved for select Cessna Citation II/SII and Citation V aircraft.
The Garmin G700 TXi gives business and commercial aircraft operators the ability to upgrade their previous-generation avionics to a modern, state-of-the-art glass cockpit system at a fraction of the cost of other glass cockpit solutions. “The availability of the G700 TXi is a significant achievement for Garmin as this is the first public validation of the TXi series in this class of aircraft,” said Carl Wolf, vice president of aviation marketing and sales.
Citation owners can configure the G700 TXi as either a single or dual 10.6-inch flight display. The touchscreen LCD is bright and user friendly with concentric knobs that make interfacing with the system quick and easy. FMS functionality is also received through a touchscreen interface from the paired dual GTN 650/750 navigators. LPV/WAAS approach guidance, as well as the option to display vertical navigation (VNAV) guidance to fly complex RNAV arrival procedures is fully coupled with these navigators.
The Garmin G700 TXi system improves dispatch rates, reduces aircraft downtime, as well as overall life cycle costs. Previous-generation instumentation has become burdensome due to its frequent maintenance requirements and heavier weight, thus making the G700 TXi solid state sensors with its improved reliability particularly attractive.
New features and optional capabilities include:
- HSI mapping offers a multifunction display-like perspective map view on the PFD, helping pilots to better visualize traffic, terrain, weather and more as it relates to a flight plan without diverting their attention away from the PFD.
- Customizable crew profiles allow pilots to configure and save settings such as map configurations and audio volume levels so they can easily be recalled prior to each flight.
- Synthetic vision technology (SVT™) is standard and uses sophisticated graphics modeling to present a 3D depiction of terrain, obstacles, traffic and the runway environment on the PFD.
- TCAS II Resolution Advisory (RA) display offers pilots visual and aural instructions to avoid immediate traffic conflicts.
TAWS-A and TAWS-B are available as options.
- Various global datalink weather products are accessible when paired with the optional GSR® 56.
- Support for Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) operations is available.
- Pilots can view Garmin FliteCharts terminal approach procedures or optional Jeppesen approach charts.
- Connext® wireless cockpit connectivity with added Database Concierge and flight plan transferring via Flight Stream 510 is available with a compatible tablet or smartphone and conveniently uploads and syncs database and flight plan information.
- ADS-B In/Out display is standard, featuring patented TargetTrend™ and TerminalTraffic™.
Banyan Air Service is an authorized Garmin dealer and hosts Garmin Seminar Series events presented by Garmin. Attendees learn about the latest Garmin aviation technologies and have the chance to speak directly with Garmin representatives specific to their aircraft’s needs. Be sure to check out our Events page to RSVP for the next seminar.
Leave A Comment