Bahamas Flying Info Update – June 2017
Are you flying to the Bahamas? Here’s a quick update on some new info:
- There’s a new U.S. Customs and Border Protection Facility – Airport of Entry
Marathon KMTH, hours are Wednesday 09:00 – 17:30, telephone (305) 289-2029
- Most of the airport Blue Phones have been discontinued. If you use The Bahamas Pilot Guide, you’ll notice speed dial numbers for those airports with blue phones. These are going to be taken off on the next printing of the guide.
- Airport Update Info:
- MYEF – Exuma International: new frequency 118.0 for advisory.
- MYNN – Entering Nassau airspace you need a flight plan (even if island hopping). Call Nassau Radio on 128.0 if you have not previously filed. They will give you the squawk code as well even if you have filed the flight plan prior.
- MYES – Staniel runways are 34/16 as painted on the runway.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Declaration Form 6059B
- Bahamas and BasicMed
- Bahamas 2nd Annual Aviation Career Fair and Young Eagles
Held in conjunction with the Grand Bahama Air Show, on Friday May 19th, 2017 over 150 students, from both Grand Bahama and New Providence, the Young Eagles Career Fair offered to students from grades 10-12 both a theoretical and hands-on preview into the world of aviation, and the many career options available to them. Want to get involved? Contact Flying Ambassador Mike Z.
Share This - Choose Your Platform!