Adding Speed and Ease of Use to Your Data Transfers
Supporting Universal Serial Bus (USB) and Secure Digital (SD) media, the Solid-State Data Transfer Unit (SSDTU) represents the next generation of data upload and download equipment for your aircraft.
Easily accessible, high-speed media ports are conveniently located in the faceplate allowing for quick data file transfers between a USB drive or SD card and the aircraft’s avionics systems. The SSDTU interfaces with up to eight Universal Avionics Line Replaceable Units (LRU) creating a centralized uploading / downloading center for:
- Flight Management System (FMS) databases and Internal Flight Data Recorder (IFDR) downloads
- Terrain Awareness and Warning System (TAWS) terrain, airport and obstacles databases
- Vision-1® Synthetic Vision System databases
- Charts, checklists and E-DOCS for the Application Server Unit (ASU) and its predecessor, Universal Cockpit Display (UCD) system
- UniLink® Communications Management Unit (CMU) databases
- Flight Data Recorder (FDR) download
Data files are transferred between the media ports and interfacing LRUs using a high-speed Ethernet data bus connection. To accommodate a variety of aircraft configurations, the SSDTU is available in fixed-mount and portable versions.
The SSDTU is designed to eliminate the dependence on obsolete floppy and ZIP disks required by the DTU and DTU-100, as well as the CD/DVD-ROM of the Accessible Data Unit (ADU).
Bezel Size: 2.25 in. H x 5.75 in. W
Depth: 7.76 in. (back of bezel to rear of connector)
Weight: 2.4 lbs.
Portable unit is also available
Faceplate Color: Gray or Black
Hard-wired to NCU
Input: SD Card or USB Flash Memory
Bi-directional data transfer via 10/100 Mb Ethernet
27.5 VDC nominal
28 Watts nominal