On January 1, 2020 the FAA ADS-B Out mandate, or NextGen Mandate, will go into effect. The mandate requires all aircraft operating in ADS-B designated airspace to be equipped with ADS-B avionics. The FAA is encouraging owners to equip as soon as possible to capture the benefits of ADS-B and to ensure they will be able to access all available airspace once the mandate becomes effective.
- The FAA has no plans to delay the effective date of the ADS-B Out rule.
- ADS-B Out avionics must be installed and meet the rule performance requirements.
- Portable equipment DOES NOT meet the ADS-B Out rule requirements.
In this video presentation, FAA Aerospace Engineer, Alex Rodriguez, thoroughly discusses everything you need to know regarding ADS-B and NextGen Capabilities.
ADS-B Out Presentation Topics
- Overview of ADS-B Mandate
- Overview of Fans 1/A
- ADS-B Deployment Status
- Benefits realized from ADS-B
- ADS-B Performance Monitor